Photos and notes for mountains in the UK
Lists of mountains from the famous to the home-grown
Discussions in this rarified field
Above Coire an t-Sneachda on the way to Cairn Gorm, January 2008
- 1 Jan 2008: Happy New Year!
- 4 June 2007: I've added photos for Beinn na Lap, Creise, Stob Ghabhar and Ben Vorlich in the Highlands, and Red Pike (Buttermere), Brandreth, Carrock Fell, Fleetwith Pike and Red Pike (Wasdale), some of these photos coming from a particularly good trip to the Black Sail hut in Ennerdale.
- 4 June 2007: After several trips in recent weeks, there are new photos for Stob na Broige and Stob Coire Raineach on Buachaille Etive Mor and Beag respectively, Sgurr a'Mhaim and Stob Ban in the Mamores, Ben Nevis, and in the Lake District Pillar, Grasmoor, Robinson and Scafell Pike.
Rannoch Moor in the evening light, April 2007
Looking North from Beinn Sgulaird to Glencoe and the Black Mount, October 2006
A final taste of winter: Benyellary from the Merrick in Galloway, April 2006
- 5 March 2006: Pages added for Pen yr Helgi Du and Pen Llithrig y Wrach in Snowdonia. New photos for Snowdon, Crib Goch, Y Lliwedd and Moel Siabod in Snowdonia.
- 26 February 2006: Pages added for Skiddaw Little Man and Carl Side in the Lakes and The Cheviot in the Cheviots. New photo for Skiddaw in the Lakes.
- 9 February 2006: Pages added for Great End, Esk Pike, Kirk Fell E Top, Harter Fell (High Street) and Seatallan and new photo for Ill Crag in the Lakes.
- 28 December 2005: Grahams (5) and Graham Tops (13) added to Brecon Beacons list. Pages added for Wetherlam and Harrison Stickle and new photo for Bow Fell in the Lakes.
- 23 December 2005: Pages added for Kirk Fell, Lingmell and Yewbarrow N Top and new photo for Great Gable in the Lakes.
- 20 November 2005: Page added for Skiddaw in the Lakes. Also new photos for Helvellyn and Blencathra.
- 15 November 2005: Pages added for Blaven on Skye, Sgurr a'Chaorachain, Sgurr Choinnich and Moruisg near Glen Carron, Sgurr Thuilm and Sgurr nan Coireachan above Glen Finnan and Gulvain North of Loch Eil. Also a new photo for Stob Dearg, highest point of Buachaille Etive Mor.
- 20 August 2005: I've reached the half-way point on the Munros - an ascent of Gulvain taking my tally to 142!
- 3 May 2005: I'm just back from a 3-day backpacking trip taking in Ben Alder, one of the most exciting mountains in Scotland due to its size and remoteness.
- 12 December 2004: SML is 5! Launched 12 December 1999, going strong in December 2004
- 9 June 2004: Pages added for Gleouraich and Pen y Gadair Fawr
Since the first version of Simon's Mountain Lists in December 1999 I've had lots of emails from visitors. Sometimes people have asked me questions and sometimes they've pointed out errors on the site or offered their own opinions. Please send me an email at email@example.com.